Since we went to Gaidhealtachd at New Years things have been pretty much run of the mill.
We have been doing a number of things with the SCA
- Mondays we host a music group in which we are learning a number of period dance tunes
- Tuesdays we have started training with the Rapier group
- Thursdays we are still dancing with the renaissance group
- I have been authorised as a Target Archery Marshall
- Wendy lead a workshop on beginner harp
- I ran a workshop on arrow making
- We attended St Sebastians, an archery themed camp
- Wendy has been involved with an advanced ensemble group to get a better grounding in medieval music theory, as well as getting to play some more challenging bits than the Monday night group is up to.
After running the arrow making workshop and getting out and doing some training shoots I have finally decided to finish making the arrows that I purchased all the bits for 5 years ago. Should keep me busy for a few weeks.
Away from the re-enactment scene things are a still busy. Wendy still has her students. I have been working on some large migration projects at work that have been keeping me busy.
We have also been planning for our trip to the UK in June. We have the key things worked out, just need to book flights and then fill in a few blanks.